gcortes
I can't find an option to code in HTML in the notes window. Did that feature go away?

OK, I think I found it. You can add and attachment with one choice being an html document. When I do so, it opens it in Safari. That's not what I would call an html editor. Is it possible to specify a different editor. I use RubyMine and PHPStorm for my development. Also, is it possible to use css in a separate file? Lastly, can I specify a different root for my files. I keep all my data on a RAID.
Curt Rowe
pthompson
Curt,

This isn't available yet since Notes, and everything in the app, has been written from the ground up. There is also talks of introducing Markdown capabilities so I will make sure this is noted as well. Thanks.

Are you looking to edit as HTML for something specific? You can save the HTML that is viewed in the browser as an actual HTML file and then use that for whatever purposes you need if it is not for use within the note in the Brain.
gcortes
The main use that comes to mind is a CSS refromatted definition list that I use often. I would need to have the CSS to go with the HTML. I'm going to mess around with linking a file to see how it works for me. Allow a user to link his/her favorite html editor might be the way to go. Most likely anyone want to code in html aready does so for other purposes and have their favorite tool for doing so. Usually those tool offer a lot of specilized support for managing tags and verifying the formatting.
Curt Rowe
pthompson
Curt,

Thank you for your additional information and feedback. It's appreciated.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software