samuel
What is the best solution for me working with personalbrain from 2 defferent locations and i have personal brain core.

1: personal brain core on my mac and buy subscription on webbrain..do the editing using the browser on location 2.
2: Upgrade to personal brain 2 pro and install it on the second location localy on the pc and work on the same file using dropbox/cloud syncing.

Anyone have any pros and cons on this one?

zenrain
I've seen a few threads in the forum where people ended up with corruption when using Dropbox to synchronize. On the other hand, WebBrain is extremely limited in what it can do right now. You only have the option to add/remove thoughts and edit notes. If you need to be able to add attachments at the secondary location this isn't probably a good option. However, it really depends on what you want to do.

In order of ease of use/stability here's your options:
1. Upgrade to Pro. This gives you two licenses. Also buy a WebBrain subscription.
Pros - Stable, easy, w/ full functionality at both locations. Cons: Expensive.

2. Upgrade to Pro. Use DropBox (or other free solution) to synchronize a Brainzip you create every day before going to the other location (be sure to check the Include search index checkbox when creating the brainzip to save time.
Pros - Stable, full functionality at both locations, you always have good backups Cons: moderately expensive, takes a few minutes prior to logging off to create brainzip and sync.

3. Keep Core. Test WebBrain subscription. Use WebBrain at second location. Pros - Pretty cheap, fast syncing solution. Cons - Only basic functionality at second site.

4. Upgrade to Pro.Use Dropbox to synchronize database (not brainzips).
Pros - Full functionality at both locations, quick synching. Cons - Easily corruptible database (read this if you are planning to go this route) Moderately expensive.

Personally, I'd try 3 first and see if you can do it. There's a month free trial of WebBrain, so it can't hurt. Then I'd try 2, and if that was too much of a pain, go to 1 and keep the WebBrain subscription.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
GerSch

If I make a sync with Pro between two maschines over WebBrain, I know there are no attachments on the WebBrain, but do I have no attachements on the second machine, too?

zenrain
There are attachments on the WebBrain (with a subscription), you just can't add attachments in the WebBrain interface. Attachments will be synchronized between multiple computers.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software