jostber
The green circle is a marvelous feature in PB, that increases efficiency and usability a lot.

What more could it do? Here is a suggestions list:

- Show a thought's label
- Move thought with Alt-Arrow in the Expanded view
- Update Notes that is shown for a thought
- Activate Distant thoughts in Normal Expanded view
- Access pins by using Alt-Ctrl-i, and then with the arrows
- Access active thought list with Alt-Ctrl-k, and then with the left/right arrows
- Move through links for a thought with Ctrl-arrows. Show link label for a thought with Alt-Ctrl-l

Are there any more possibilities?

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
dyslucksia
All good suggestions!

As you know, some of my macros ([M24]) combine keyboard navigation with activation, which I find very useful.

Maybe holding down the Ctrl or Alt keys with one hand while moving the green ring around with other the other hand on the cursor keys could perform special tasks, such as highlight all the links for a particular thought, or show all the labels for a particular thought.

Or maybe there could be an Option which when enabled, automatically opens a Thought's attachment when the green ring is over it.

It might be possible to program "halfway points" (midway along a link) where the green ring can pause to allow deletion of the link, after which the focus returns to the active thought (green ring disappears).

There's enough in here to keep the PB team's grandchildren programming for years.

I'd just be happy if the Notes Pane got updated each time the green ring selects a different thought.

PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
jostber
Thanks, Dys. Good suggestions there.

A couple of more:

- Space key on a thought with the green circle above it would add this thought to the selection
- Alt-Ctrl-d on a thought with the green circle would show the thought's details
- Alt-Ctrl-t on a thought will show its tags if they are hidden
- Atl-Ctrl-s on a thought will do an extended search on the terms in the thought name
- Alt-Ctrl-n on a thought will show the Notes as a pop-up window

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software