Ge_It
I'm starting a brain to keep track of a personal project that has many interacting aspects and steps. For instance I need to keep track of which step needs to be completed in order to start the next. Also the project itself is very complex.

I read some people use version 8. Should I use version 8 or 10? Or another one?

In which instances would you suggest version 8, and in which instances version 10?
Harlan
Hello,

Unless you already have a Brain in version 8 or below that you are already using and have a particular workflow that you cannot or do not want to migrate to version 10, there is no reason to use version 8.

Version 10 has literally hundreds of features and improvements over version 8 including vastly superior reliability and sync.

Also, version 8 is no longer supported.
Regards,
-Harlan
Ge_It
Thank you.

I never sync anything, I only work in local.

Will I be able to use the Expanded View and other Pro features on v8 indefinitely withou paying for it?

Alternatively, do I have the option to pay for v8 Pro so to have the Expanded View and other Pro features?
mcaton

TheBrain 10 offers Outline and MindMap view.  You can still download both v8 and v10 on the same machine if you'd like, but please keep in mind that a v10 Brain is not compatible with v8. Additionally, as Harlan mentioned, v8 is no longer supported.

To see what features are available in each version of TheBrain's licensing options, please visit https://www.thebrain.com/store/compare-editions

If you purchase a Pro License now, this will unlock the pro features in v10 and/or v8 (if you have both installed)

Thank you,
Matt
Ge_It
Thank you. I tried TheBrain 10 and I couldn't use types and tags unless I upgraded to Pro.

If I would purchase the Pro license I would probably use TheBrain 10. If I start using TheBrain 8, will I be able to export my brain to TheBrain 10?

PS.: How can I hide my name and surname from my profile?

Regards
mcaton
A v8 Brain can easily be imported into TheBrain 10.

Also, I've removed your first and last name from your forum account.

Thank you,
Matt
Ge_It
That's great!
Thanks

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software