ohowson
What's the difference between using webbrain and just uploading a site brain to my own hosting? Other than the cost? Oh, and the fact I have to export and sync. Actually, is there a way to just make it sync automatically without having to export to HTML and sync using dreamweaver? Make PB think my web host is webbrain?
Moe

ohowson, Thank You for posting. There are quite a bit of differences between the traditional SiteBrain export and WebBrain. With a SiteBrain your background and Thought icons are not exported. Your Brain remains static on your site in readonly format. With WebBrain your background as well as Thought icons are synched. WebBrain also allows you to sync your Brain to multiple machines, as well as provide you with an online backup of your Brain. Furthermore, you can edit your Brain online via your web browser which is not possible with the traditional SiteBrain export. Also, I would like to add that webbrain is fully optimized for speed and greater compatiblity with virtually any web browser.

Regarding your question about automatic synching of a SiteBrain, PB does not contain a feature to automatic sync SiteBrains to your web host. However, this is something that is possible with webbrain.

Thanks,
Moe

ohowson
So is sitebrain being ignored now in favour of webbrain? Have to say, it seems like just a way to make more money. I've always felt PB is over priced, and as I work in a school I don't have the option to pay for a monthly subscription to webbrain. As such, although I have webhosting available which I already pay for, my students are not going to be able to have the full use of my educational brain without me forking out even more of my (own) money. Just seems almost Apple to say we've got this great technology, but you can only have it if you pay for our hosting service. Unless I've missed the point and I can sync webbrain to my own host ?
zenrain
If you only want to share a brain publicly, and have no file attachments I believe WebBrain is free.

macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
ohowson
Many attachments, trying to deliver a whole A-level course via PB
zenrain
Ah, gotcha.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software