dcb_oz
On 4.5.0.0

I'm doing some heavy work at the moment, in that I'm creating links every 30 seconds or so as I migrate information from another system.

The predictive box (sorry, don't know what's it called), the one that pops up for a search or when creating a thought, is not matching anything.

I've no idea why other than having worked on the system for about an hour solid.

Shutdown and restart seems to fix it.

David

Harlan

David, if you have a really big brain, depending on what you have typed, it could take second or so to appear. Generally it's best to type the first three characters or so and then pause until it displays. If you type too much too fast, there may be no matches. If you only type one character, there may be so many matches that it takes a few seconds for it to retrieve them all.

Regards,
-Harlan
dcb_oz
Harlan wrote:

David, if you have a really big brain, depending on what you have typed, it could take second or so to appear. Generally it's best to type the first three characters or so and then pause until it displays. If you type too much too fast, there may be no matches. If you only type one character, there may be so many matches that it takes a few seconds for it to retrieve them all.

Thanks Harlan. I thought I was waiting long enough so will take note during the day. But, I'm typing almost full thought names and I have been waiting. It seems to occur mostly when working with thoughts parents to thoughts titled "@conversation, Parent". Until I created these I didn't have a problem. Nor are there problems until I attempt to link to the parent from elsewhere.

Will report back - positive or negative - throughout the day.

David
dcb_oz
dcb_oz wrote:
Harlan wrote:

Thanks Harlan. I thought I was waiting long enough so will take note during the day. But, I'm typing almost full thought names and I have been waiting. It seems to occur mostly when working with thoughts parents to thoughts titled "@conversation, Parent". Until I created these I didn't have a problem. Nor are there problems until I attempt to link to the parent from elsewhere.

Will report back - positive or negative - throughout the day.

David

Ok, seems to be working better today. However, if I'm searching for a thought starting with @ then it slows and takes 3-5 times longer to process the list.

David

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software