rengel
When I use a dark theme, all thought types are shown in color I have assigned to them (pic1). When I choose the theme 'White' all colors are lost. Now the assigned colors are shown as background colors and only on mouseover whilst the foreground colors are all black (pic2).

Click image for larger version - Name: pic1.png, Views: 200, Size: 359.01 KB Click image for larger version - Name: pic2.png, Views: 180, Size: 334.30 KB
Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
Qwill
This behavior is controlled by the following setting :

Options/Preferences/Brain tab :
Apply color to ... Choose text for colored thoughts according to their types or background for colored background....

So this is not a bug, it's a feature!
TheBrain 9.0.250 -  OsX High Sierra &  Win7
rengel
Thanks for trying to clarify this issue.

But this can't be all of the truth. If you look at my pictures, what you say does not apply to the colors of tags.
And it doesn't explain why the active thought 'Python' in the second picture isn't shown with a purple background (because that's the color I've assigned to this type). And in the preferences, nothing is said about the color of types whose color can be set independently of the color of thoughts. And in the dialog for setting the type attributes nothing is said that the color setting might be dependent on the theme.

It cannot be that you loose type information in the visual display, just because you switch the theme.

hasi123
if I set in 8.0.0.4 the background design to white, my settings change to "apply colors to background" instead of ...to text. 

I must change that manually every time, I change from some design to the white design. 
If I go back to another design the text colors are correctly displayed again. 

So look in your settings [wink]

...you can make a screenshot of the empty background, cooose any design and choose the screenshot as background image. 

rengel
Quote:
if I set in 8.0.0.4 the background design to white, my settings change to "apply colors to background" instead of ...to text. 

Yes, that's the setting.

But try, starting with a dark theme, to set the foreground color of a type (say to red). Then switch th the 'White' theme and see, if the background of the type now is shon in red.

hasi123
Maybe the programers thought, if one chooses a white theme, he wants a colorless theme. 

Tags don't have background colors at all. Types and thoughts change the textcolor into background color and one have to change the setting everytime from background to text, if the white theme is activated. 

If I change to the white theme, do nothing and change back to the dark theme, every color and the setting to text is at its place [wink]

rengel
What do you, as a user, expect, when you change a theme (white or dark or whatever): that just the colors change do that you lose type information that is encoded in colors?

pthompson
Hello All,

Changing a theme has always changed thought colors, but should not change Thought Type or Tags colors. I've tested this with a couple different Brains and can confirm it is working correctly for me. Have you tried this with any other Brains to see if the same issue occurs?
rengel
Hello Patrick,

I've assigned the type 'Tec' (for 'Technology') to Python.

The problem only shows, when the setting Apply colors to' in 'Options|Preferences|Brain' is set to 'Background'. This setting ('Background') combined with the Theme makes the type colors disappear.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software