mctrexler
I'm trying to gather up all the thoughts for a given month, that start with "2015/3"

When I type 2015/3 into the instant search, dozens pop up immediately
When I "search" based on 2015/3 a bunch of random stuff shows up where 2015 and 3 appear somewhere
No matter where I put 2015/3 the advanced search, nothing shows up at all

If I could turn the instant search list into a "selection" to work with I'd be fine.  But the only thing you can "add to selection" is a search result, and the search result isn't working in a useful way.

Am I missing something?

Mark
zenrain
Would you give an example of the thought names you have that you expect to be returned?

I tested (on OS X) with a thought called 2015/3/14 and a thought called 2015/3/15 Test.
When I did an advanced search with 2015/3 in the All of the Words box it returned both .
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mctrexler
Using 2015/4 here are a couple of thoughts   

2015/4 Russia Joins U.S. In Filing International Pledge To Reduce Carbon Emissions

2015/4 Voters want next president to favor climate policies, poll finds

With only "Names" selected for the search, and with "all the words" showing 2015/4  I get no results.  2015/4 in the instant search window generates about 100 results. 

Mark

zenrain
Hmmm, if 2015/4 is returning thoughts but 2015/3 isn't, that may be an indexing thing. You may want to rebuild the search index.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mctrexler
Sorry if I wasn't clear.  I'm not getting any search results in either case.  I do get the instant search results, but not advanced search results.  Which seems odd, although I guess the are two different search indexes. 
zenrain
Ah, ok. I just tested with one of your thought names, but I did get the result using All the words and Name only. However, I only have access to OS X and I don't know if that may be a windows difference (OS X uses spotlight to search, but that's just file contents, I'm not sure if theres a thought name/note difference). 

I know that TB advanced search uses SQL wildcards (_ and %) but don't see that / is one of them, so it shouldn't be that. You might try creating a quick new test brain with those thought names and then do the search. If it returns the thoughts then rebuild your search index on your main database.

Edit: Just a note that there are indeed two different Search Indexes, Instant Activation and the Search index. [smile]
Edit 2: Also, I'm using TB 8.0.1.8, not 8.0.2.0
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
zenrain already brought up some great options in troubleshooting this. I've also tested using the example Thought names you mentioned and don't have any issue searching. Have you tried rebuilding your search indexes via: File > Utilities > Rebuild Instant Activation Index and File > Utilities > Rebuild Search Index?

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software