danlandrum
In the initial preview release of TB9, I recall there being an Inbox menu item. It wasn't functional yet, and I don't see there was much discussion about what it would do, just hopeful questions about what users like me would like to see it do. Is it likely to be making a comeback by the beta release?  TIA.

OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Harlan
We are focussing on the core functionality that is part of TB8 for now. The inbox will make a return, but likely in a 9.X release.

If you are familiar with how attachments work in the iOS and Android apps, that will give you an idea of how it will eventually work in the desktop version of TB also. The inbox is essentially a place where you can send things you want to add to your brain but you can't say where at the time you are adding it (from a third party application for example).
Regards,
-Harlan
danlandrum
Thanks, sir. I know your ear gets bent with many opinions about how one particular feature or another is the must-have, be-all, make-my-life-complete, missing element, etc. that is TBs clear path to a pot of gold. Most of those opinions are, of course, exaggerated, because they're not mine. I guess I'll just have to wait a while longer for my life to be complete. [biggrin]
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software