MarcusWittig
Hey,
I like your piece of software. However I am new to it and compared to other software I use (mainly MindManager) it would have  enourmous potential if it  syncs with my adressbook and my calendar so I can crosslink all pices together.  Doing this manually is simply too much work for me and not very convenient. Are you planning sync features or import features (e.g. from MindMananger) in the future?

Regards

Marcus
Harlan
Hi Marcus,

Yes, we are looking at expanding the ability to syncronize calendar and contact information. What applications do you use for this information right now?

We are also planning to add import facilities.
Regards,
-Harlan
MarcusWittig
I am using the standard Mac apps: Mail, Calendar and Contacts. For me they work fine and also sync well with all other apps I use (e.g. I sync my data with my Windows Mobile....). I also use Mindmanager to sort my thoughts - However import funtion would be sufficient, I do not need to sync those with Brain.

It would be great to have those sync functions :-)

Marcus

Oh, One more thing: I am using a Macbook and the shortcuts are not really convenient to use: Most of the F-Keys have a predefined function: F1/F2: Brightness, F3/F4 Sound, F6 Numlock... . Of course you always can push FN+F put this makes adding a vast series of thoughts quite complicated.

1larogers
I've just purchased the new edition 5.5.2.4 Pro and am running it on 10.5.8 Mac.

This must be a dumb question, but I cannot find anywhere to add a contact to a "thought". This is weird because I've used the free version on a PC and it was always right there next to "add attachments". I'm certain it must be here somewhere. Can't drag and drop it from Address Book either.
zenrain
Check here for the differences in PB for OSX and Windows.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
1larogers
Thank you. I guess that functionality is o.k. I'm a little concerned that as my Brain gets larger the search might get a little unwieldy. I think drag and drop would be a good addition for contacts, but the search feature is pretty great in general. 
zenrain
Agreed. Drag and drop would definitely be preferable.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software