Jammin
I have found that when I import a mind map from MindManager, the text in my notes does not wrap correctly. It seems to wrap after a fixed number of characters, rather than filling the width of the Notes area. And it doesn't keep all of the letters in a word together.

I am using Version 5.0.2.6 Am I the only person experiencing this? Is it working as designed?
Julian2008
You could go to http://www.notetab.com and get the freeware version of the Notetab Editor (light) in order to clean up your files. Just highlight the text and press Ctrl-J - that's it. I use it almost every day.
Julian

Jammin
Hi Dyslucksia. Thanks for the welcome.

I would take some convincing on the hard carriage returns in MM. My evidence:
  • MM allows the carriage returns to be displayed. They are only in places where I want them.
  • MM allows the width of the Topic Notes window to be varied. The text reflows as I would expect it to when I change the width of the window
  • When I copy the text of a single note from MM, and paste it into PB, it flows correctly.
I'm pretty sure this is happening as a result of the export-import operation. Only possibility for change that I can see in MM is encoding on saving. Choices are UTF-8, UTF-16 and ISO-8859-1. The file where this happened was encoded using UTF-8. I haven't tested the others yet to see if the same thing happens.

I will also look into Notetab.
Jammin
Update.

I have tried importing MM .mmap files encoded as UTF-8, UTF-16 and ISO-8859-1. Also importing an MM .xmmap file. Results are the same in each case - text wrapping occurs in the middle of a word.

It looks like I'll be using copy and paste for the whole map.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software