kanuuker
Where is the written documentation located? Everything I find seems to be in video format and that's no good for me. I'm wanting to research permission and access management, importing data sets, setting up intranet hosting, and other advanced topics. Thanks. 
metta
Unfortunately, written documentation for TB9 does not yet exist.

However, we've been told that either a User Guide or at least a Transition Guide will be released at some point in the future -- not sure which or when.
kanuuker
Ok, thank you.
nal
Suggestion: See if you could create the documentation as a brain. This would allow great searching, linking related information across "sections", links to your learning materials online like tutorial videos and blog posts, and I am sure a bunch of other Brain unique capabilities to take advantage of. Just like The Brain, we should think of documentation as more than flat documents or even documents with links and bookmarks (e.g. try to be much more than PDFs, or even more than web pages).

You could even allow the user community to add into the brain -
- Users could submit questions (thoughts typed as questions) linked to specific parts of that brain, specific topics.
- Users could submit enhancement suggestions (thoughts typed as such) linked to specific topics.

- Users could submit discrepancies/bugs (thoughts typed as such) to specific topics, and you could track them via the brain.

- You could identify release n+1 capabilities linked to existing (release n) capabilities in the documentation, explaining how it's changing.

This falls into the category of "eating your own dog food", and in a broad sense. Not just using the brain, but showing how the brain enables new ways of thinking and doing business.
metta
+1 for providing TB9 documentation using TheBrain software

FWIW, there actually is a precedent for this in a brain-based User Guide for TB8: TheBrain 8 Knowledge Base
....and quite some time ago I made the same request for TB9.

Will be interesting to see how TB Team decides to present TB9 Knowledge Base and User Guide in the days ahead.
dlorde
+1 for any reasonably thorough documentation. It's a real pain having to trawl through hours of video only to find they don't mention what you want to know..
metta
@dlorde ~

In case you have not already seen this:
> Recent update from Matt regarding documentation (08.21.18)
kanuuker
Thanks for sharing
mcaton
It's on the way.  I hope I don't jinx it by saying 'later this week...'

Thank you,
Matt
mcaton
A full User Guide for TheBrain 9 is now available from our Support page. 

http://assets.thebrain.com/documents/TheBrain9/TheBrain9_User_Guide_v02.pdf 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software