Shenanigan
I am trying to generate and import a file to create a new Brain.  My import needs only Thoughts and Links, but links may be circular (ie. A -> B -> C -> A) so a basic mind map format doesn't work for me.

I've looked at example files from other references - in this forum and in other places - but nothing is working for me. Does anyone have a simple example XML import file that works that I can work from?  The more basic, the better.
mcaton
Thanks for posting.

Please review the attached XML file.  You should be able to import into v10 to achieve the A > B > C > A scenario you have described.

Thanks,
Matt
Shenanigan
I was able to import the file (an improvement!) but it looks like not everything was imported.  Only the root node (Sample Import) and the first child (A) are imported (see attached image).  Could there be some kind of user error or configuration/version mismatch I've got going?

My process is pretty straightforward - 
File -> Import...
Select "TheBrain 8 XML"
Select the import file you created.
Click "Import" at "Import Complete.  Click "Import" to proceed" message
Open the Brain

I'm running MacOS 10.14.16 with TheBrain 10.0.56.0 Click image for larger version - Name: Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 4.27.14 PM.png, Views: 94, Size: 233.53 KB
Shenanigan
And I guess I should include the Output.log entries associated with those actions.  Nothing looks unusual or erroneous.  The log indicates 4 Thoughts and 4 Links inserted.  
Shenanigan
My bad!  It did import correctly but I had a configuration setting that hid them. All is good!

Thanks!
mcaton
Thanks for the update... I was about to say "Click on the A..."

Thanks!
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software