futurewa
I'm trying to export meaningful XML with parent-child & jump relations.

The XML does not appear to carry these relations in any meaningful way that I can determine.

Is there a workable solution?

-<Thought>

<guid>C121789E-2F8C-1BD0-06DD-70170CE016BD</guid>

<name>Tree of Sacrifice Is Living Wood</name>

<label/>

<creationDateTime>2013-10-26 11:32:54.764 @+0800</creationDateTime>

<realModificationDateTime>2013-10-26 11:32:54.764 @+0800</realModificationDateTime>

<displayModificationDateTime>2013-10-26 11:32:54.764 @+0800</displayModificationDateTime>

<activationDateTime>2013-10-26 11:32:54.764 @+0800</activationDateTime>

<linksModificationDateTime>2013-10-26 11:33:28.321 @+0800</linksModificationDateTime>

<isType>0</isType>

<color>0</color>

<accessControlType>0</accessControlType>

</Thought>
mbaas
The XML is meaningful! ;-)  You need to look for the relations in the <Links>-tag which contains multiple <Link>-Elements, each referencing the two linked thoughts as <idA> and <idB> and specifying a link-type using <dir>...
enkidu

Hello

can any of you two incidentally suggest a XML (freeware) editor ?

I use JEX but it's less than perfect.

thanks
enkidu

futurewa
Thanks for suggestion. The Thoughts don't appear to carry a Link attribute. I'm exporting Brain XML. What am I missing?
mbaas

Hmm,

IF the exported brain contains linked thoughts
ANDIF you are really sure that your XML does not contain <Links>
ANDIF it is not your editor hiding them (because of filesize etc.)
THEN I'd suggest to get in touch with support@thebrain.com  
ENDIF  ;-)

@enkidu I'm using UEStudio (big brother of Ultraedit) which offers sufficient XML-Support for the little editing I do. Have never needed to look for other tools, so can't recommend anything else.

enkidu
thanks for the tip !

cheers
enkidu
zenrain
When you export to an XML format, the <Links> section are under the <Source>, <Attributes>, and <Thoughts> sections. 
The links will contain the thought GUIDs it links to under <idA> or <idB>. 
The easiest way to get a feel for the links is to locate a thought you want to find, copy it's GUID number, and then do a find in the file for other instances of that GUID.

There's a few tidbits and files related to the XML structure in my TheBrain User Knowledgebase webbrain. You may find that helpful also.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software