dcb_oz
When I drag a URL using the address bar icon in Safari or Chrome and attempt to add it to a thought, the green (+) appears but the URL doesn't stick when I release the mouse. This occurs also if I try to drop the URL in file attachment box.

Copy and paste via 'Paste Web Link' works. No problems experienced dragging files. This seems to be URLs only.

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1
TB 7.0.0.6-b
Safari 5.1
Chrome 14.0.835.186
zenrain

I've noticed something similar. When dragging a URL into a thought, sometimes it does nothing. Then I drag it again and it says something about the URL already being added, and it's being processed. It asks if I want to add again, and if I say yes it does.

I'll add a screenshot if I can get it to occur again.

Tested on Windows 7, IE8

macOS 10.14.5
TheBrain 10.0.51
mcaton
Thanks all, still testing to duplicate this one.

Matt
rsherkin
Just ran into the same issue here.  OS X 10.7.1 and Safari 5.1 (7534.48.3).

This included both dragging a link into TheBrain window to create a child thought or dragging the link into an existing thought
Moe
@dcb @rsherkin, Thanks for the detailed report. Just reproduced the drag and drop issue on OS X Lion and have notified our engineers to have a closer look.

Posted by: zenrain
I've noticed something similar. When dragging a URL into a thought, sometimes it does nothing. Then I drag it again and it says something about the URL already being added, and it's being processed. It asks if I want to add again, and if I say yes it does.

I have made several attempts to reproduce this one, but have not been able to so far. Aside from posting a screenshot, can you also post a copy of your output.log file after running into this issue. We'll run further tests in the meantime to reproduce this.

Thanks,
Moe
rsherkin
Just tried this again after updating to 7.0.0.7 and I still cannot drag a link from Safari into the brain.  It even though the small green circle with the plus sign appears in The Brain (indicating a drop is possible) the link snaps back to the Safari address bar.

Moe
Richard, Thank You for posting. This one is still being worked on by our engineers . I will post back to this thread once we have a fix. As a workaround, for the time being, you can drag and drop to your desktop then drag and drop into TheBrain.

Thanks,
Moe
rsherkin
Thanks for the work-around Moe!
dcb_oz
Confirmed now working in 7.0.08-b with Chrome and Safari under Mac 10.7.2
Moe
dcb, Thanks for confirming on this .

Thanks,
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software