Harlan Show full post »
eeik
mcaton wrote:
Thanks for posting!  Yes, we would like to have additional viewing options available in the future.  I'll share your thoughts with the development team!

Matt

I think I've already shared this with you before @mcaton , but it may bear repeating. Check out Maltego's implementation of viz reflows with massive data sets. Whatever tech constraints the plex has in terms of limiting the team's options or related visual performance with new viz views, it might be time to challenge some of those legacy constraints. Maltego is fast and fluid and beautiful and has never yet crashed on me for resizing or reflowing the 1000s of nodes on canvas...
drruth2
Matt,
Confirmed has happening in the .40 Android Beta version.

mcaton wrote:
Dennis,

Thanks for posting.  Can you confirm that this is happening with the new .40 Build (Android Beta?)  Thank you for sending the error reports. I'll check in with our engineering team. In the mean time, it may be helpful to know if a clean install of .40 resolves the issue.  If you have the time available, could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and let us know the results?

Thank you,
Matt
Dennis Ruth, CISSP Retired
Aerospace Scientist
Computer Scientist
Lieutenant Colonel (Ret) US Army
Professor (Ret) National Defense University
 College of Information and Cyberspace
DavidGretzschel

@drruth2 
How do you have have version 40? I only have version "release .38" and can't update.
Am jealous. Also worried that the three bugs I reported were already fixed in .40

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

drruth2
David,The .40 refers to the version of the Android app, not the desktop. I was replying to Matt Caton's post & didn't realize he had put it in the desktop discussion area.
Aerospace Scientist
Computer Scientist
DavidGretzschel
drruth2 wrote:
David,The .40 refers to the version of the Android app, not the desktop. I was replying to Matt Caton's post & didn't realize he had put it in the desktop discussion area.

Yeah I know, I was referring to that too.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

--
---
---

drruth2
David,If you've signed up as a beta tester for the Android app (separate from desktop) the go to the Play Store & search for "thebrain". What comes up doesn't show version # (used to). If you don't have current version installed it will display an update option and the title will include "(Beta)".I've not been successful in getting the app to work on two of my three Samsung tablets, but works great on my Note 8 & the notes functions pretty much as the desktop.Good luck.
Aerospace Scientist
Computer Scientist
DavidGretzschel
yeah, I'm saying I have the Beta already. Says (Beta) in the playstore.
Just that it's not version 40, but 38.
I also know that it's Beta, cause it syncs with my TB11 Brain

--
---
---

mcaton
David,

You are correct.  You should see that you are a beta tester, but on the About This App page in the Play Store, it's referring to the .38 release. I'm not sure if this is something we have control over, but I'll mention it to the Android Team. In the mean time, if you install, you should then see that you are running .40.

Thank you,
Matt
luxintra
Just bring back a Linux version already, else I can't renew my subscription as I've moved on to Linux. The Brain 8 won't work on my distro and I'm not using a windows virtual box. I've had to settle with a note taking app. 
Brigitte
At the moment, we do not have a Linux version. However, this is subject to change, but unfortunately, we do not have definite plans at this time.

Best regards,
Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
obrugman
Congratulations on TB 11 for desktop and web. For the first time, I feel that the tool is becoming comfortable and effortless to use, the new notes editor, markup capabilities, in-note browsing, the BrainBox all make it easy to capture info anywhere and send it to the Brain environment for immedate or posterior processing and knowledge organization. Also, the versatility to create multiple file types, including Ulysses, Scrivener etc if you have these apps on your device is great, all be it that TB scatters your files across your device, and picking up the files from the other apps directly sometimes is confusing, because the files are stored in the TB folder while the apps use other apps. So be it, I am sure this is for the future to improve on. Although I have been using the TB since 2005 since I believed in the concept, using it now is even more fun and easier. The web version needs to be further developed as it is missing too much fun features that are now available in the desktop and device version. I also notice I use TB much more on the iphone, due to easy content sharing in the Brain Box. The only thing I wish for in the future is features that help automatically categorizing andn linking content from different files into thoughts and thought relations. That would be awesome.
Tools: The Brain | Evernote | DayOne | Ayoa | iMindMap | Omnigraffle | OmniOutliner | Ulysses | Scrivener |
Reb
I want to second this request for the Saved Expanded Views that was last seen in Version 8.

The core strength of TheBrain is seeing the Big Picture through thought connections.  This capability lies in the robustness of the Plex.  The expanded views from version 8 allowed for the multi-dimensional contextualization through the visualization of thought connections.

From the user's standpoint, the enhancements of Brain 11 seem to be of minimal value.  The markdown language introduces unnecessary complexity. It's starting to feel like Microsoft-like bloatware.  Multiple notes within a thought was already a feature by having multiple documents attached.  Glad there was some sanity in bringing back tables.  Never had the need for an "advanced" pdf rendering.

I hope you can redirect your development focus, energy, and resources to enhancing the Plex, so that it is truly a capable concept-mapping tool that can handle multiple layers of thoughts.  I feel like you've strayed from your mission with versions 10 and more so with 11.

Please bring back Saved Views/ Expanded Views.

Best Regards from a user of over a decade,
Ron Reblando
mcaton
Thanks for posting, Ron.  The old v8 expanded views were a popular feature. I'll add your vote to the request list for bringing them back.

Matt
wordmuse
Yes again for expanded view, please. 🙂

~ Bal

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software